One of the biggest buzz of this year is about to come true. Come June 2014 and you did be able to see yet another Internet giant joining the arenaread more...
Five reasons why the mobile Web still doesn’t work
Scott Karp at Publishing 2.0 has a nice synopsis of why trying to surf Web pages from a mobile phone is so frustrating. His observations are pretty consistent with my experience, although I think the iPhone’s Web browsing is pretty darn good; it just needs a faster connection than the AT&T; Edge network can offer.
Here’s the list of Scott’s five complaints:
- Wireless carrier networks are SLOW
- Public Wi-Fi access is a SCAM
- Sites aren’t formatted for small screens
- Mobile device screens are too small
- Advertising gets in the way