One of the biggest buzz of this year is about to come true. Come June 2014 and you did be able to see yet another Internet giant joining the arenaread more...
Google Voice App for iPhone / iPod Touch / iPad Return to the App Store
Finally Apple has just approve the Google Voice Connect app, this comes after fourteen months after Apple pulled all Google voice apps out the App Store just like GV Mobile, Voice Central and even it refused the Google official app, The justification from Apple was “duplicating features that the iPhone comes with (Dialer, SMS, etc)”.
Here is some of GV Connect app features:
- Place calls using your Google Voice number rather than your mobile number – enter number directly, select a contact from your device’s contacts, or call back any number in your history.
- Send and receive text messages (SMS) from your Google Voice number.
- Listen to voicemails and recorded conversations right on your device (allowing you to pause, rewind, or fast forward to any point within the message) – voicemails will also show the transcription of the message when available.
- Mark messages as starred, attach notes to conversations, block/unblock senders, or delete conversations.
- Easily search in your history by contact, message, or note.
- Messages are stored on your device for offline access.
- Composing notes and text messages can be done in landscape mode.
- Quickly change various Google Voice account settings (call forwarding, do-not-disturb, message notifications, …) directly from within the application.
- Automatic checking for new messages while the application is active.
- Direct access to your device’s contacts without needing to synchronize them with Google
- All communication is done with the Google Voice website directly, no need to hand over your account information to a third-party.
- Full support for fast app switching in iOS4 and high-resolution graphics for retina displays.
Definitely, hopes will bring back to the developers to re-submit their apps while the approval could now be possible. GV Connect is currently selling for $2.99, the app is compatible with iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad running iOS 3.0 or later. [via Mobilecrunch]
Download GV Connect for iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad [iTunes Link].
You may also like:
- Use Your iPhone / iPod Touch / iPad While Syncing with iTunes using Synchronicity.
- Cydia Acquiring Rock your Phone [Rock.app].
- Protect Your iPhone Apps with a Password using Locktopus