- John’s Phone is not responding – what should I do?
- Can the key tones be switched off?
- How do I save a number to the phone’s memory?
- How do I delete a number I have saved?
- How do I change a saved number?
- How do I view and access my missed calls?
- What does ‘quad band’ mean?
- Where can I buy John’s Phone?
- How do I enter the pin number for my SIM card?
- How can I check the status of my battery?
- What happens to text messages people send me?
- What does the package of a John’s Phone contain?
- Why do I get the “no network” message?
- How do I insert the SIM card?
- How much do I pay for shipment?
- Which payment methods are accepted?
- Why don’t the switches work?
- What is the SAR rate of John’s phone?
- Does John’s work in all countries?
- Who’s John’s shipping partner?
1. John’s Phone is not responding – what should I do?
Switch off your phone, wait for 10 seconds, then switch it back on. If the phone still does not respond, try pushing the reset button with a paperclip and holding it down for several seconds. The reset button is located on the back of the phone, beneath the flap. If your phone is still not working properly after you have done this, please contact John’s Team.
2. Can the key tones be switched off?
3. How do I save a number to the phone’s memory?
You can save up to ten speed-dial numbers to the ten numerical keys. To save a number to the ‘1’ key, for example, you must enter the following digits: **1*0612345678# and confirm by pressing the Hello button. If you want to call the new speed-dial number, you must press ‘1’ for two seconds. Note: when ** pressing to quick a + appears instead of the ** intended.
4. How do I delete a number I have saved?
5. How do I change a saved number?
6. How do I view and access my missed calls?
7. What does ‘quad band’ mean?
All over the world, except in Japan and South Korea, there are four types of GSM networks: 850, 900, 1800 and 1900 Mhz. A Quad Band cell phone allows you to use these four network frequencies, which means you can make and receive calls anywhere in the world.
8. Where can I buy John’s Phone?
John’s Phone is online available at John’s Store, pdashop.nl, Dixons, Freshcotton, Hanazuki, Megagadgets.nl, Dynabyte.nl and ilovesneakerz.nl. John’s Phone is also available at retailers SPRMRKT, Gorilli, Spoiled and Frozen Fountain, the Hype stores , Capi-Lux (at Schiphol Amsterdam Airport), Retro-Milano and the Dutch department store de Bijenkorf.
9. How do I enter the pin number for my SIM card?
When you switch on your phone, some providers may ask you for a PIN number: ‘ENTER PIN’. Enter this PIN number and end by pressing the green ‘Hello’ button. You will now be able to make and receive calls as required.
10. How can I check the status of my battery?
On the right side of the screen, the word ‘JOHNS’ is displayed if the battery is full. The lower the battery, the fewer letters will be displayed, so if your battery is half full, the letters ‘JOH’ are displayed on the screen. If your battery is empty, the Phone first shows a ‘J’, followed by ‘LOW’.
11. What happens to text messages people send me?
Since John’s Phone does not accept text messages, you should inform your contacts that you cannot receive any text messages they send you, as your John’s Phone is designed to make and receive calls only. Text messages are saved on your SIM card, but cannot be read.
12. What does the package of a John’s Phone contain?
13. Why do I get the “no network” message?
The “no network” message is given when your phone is out of range or the SIM card can’t be read. In the last case, it’s important to insert the SIM card only when the phone is turned off. Then the phone will be able to recognize the (new) SIM card and start up.
14. How do I insert the SIM card?
Make sure that John’s Phone is switched off (the slider should be all the way down). Open the SIM card drawer, insert the SIM card and turn John’s Phone on. In some cases (depending on the provider), you will be asked to enter the pin number. Enter the pin number and your machine is ready for use.
15. How much do I pay for shipment?
For The Netherlands and Belgium we do not charge any shipping fee. All other countries will be charged for € 9,00 per order (max. 2 phones, please contact us when you wish to order more).
16. Which payment methods are accepted?
17. Why don’t the switches work?
18. What is the SAR rate of John’s phone?
19. Does John’s work in all countries?
Yes, as long as the carrier/supplier of your choice is operating on a GSM network and uses regular SIM cards. Please note that in several countries there are areas that are only covered by a CDMA network, f.e. in parts of North and South America, Korean Republic. John’s will work world wide except on the 3G networks in Japan and South Korea.
20. Who is John’s shipping partner?
Your order will be by TNT Parcelservice The Netherlands or UPS international, depending on the destination. Please keep in mind delivery can take upto 10 workingdays, depending on the country the delivery address is located.
If you cannot find the answer to your question on the website, please contact John’s Team.