One of the biggest buzz of this year is about to come true. Come June 2014 and you did be able to see yet another Internet giant joining the arenaread more...
Download Android 2.2 Froyo SDK for Developers [New Features]
Android 2.2 SDK has been Released by Google for developers so that they can start developing apps which are compatible with this version of the OS. and Here’s the official from Google after the Jump..
Android 2.2 is a minor platform release including user features, developer features, API changes, and bug fixes.
For developers, the Android 2.2 platform is available as a downloadable component for the Android SDK. The downloadable platform includes a fully compliant Android library and system image, as well as a set of emulator skins, sample applications, and more. The downloadable platform includes no external libraries.Google Ads:
To get started developing or testing against the Android 2.2 platform, use the Android SDK and AVD Manager tool to download the platform into your SDK.
The New Version may be 2 – 5 Times faster than Android 2.1. It introduces New Features for both end-users and developers alike.
- USB and Wi-Fi Internet Tethering.
- 2 to 5 times better performance of Android on the same hardware!
- V8 Codec support, a new standard for online media by Google.
- New and improved browser, claimed to be the fastest browser yet on Android, let’s see if it beats Safari mobile on iPhone and Opera Mini as well.
- Compass support for Google Maps in the browser, no need to launch the Maps app anymore for compass support.
- Improved Google Voice Search, recognizes long and complicated sentences easily.
- Full Flash support in the web browser! What are you going to do about this one Apple?
- A widget that helps you search your Android device, apps for market and much more!
- Ability to search within app data.
- Improved crash reporting to developers, sends out vital details about the crash so it can be prevented or fixed in the future.
- Over the air application downloading via non-mobile store version from any PC on to your device.
- Streaming your non-DRM home music library straight onto your Android device, Apple needs to counter this one somehow with a service of their own!
- Purchase your music over the air from a non mobile destination right onto your device.
- Install apps on your SD-card, finally it’s here!
- One step to update all your apps, no need to update your apps one at a time.
- An improved Android market, buy your apps and games from the web Android Market and send them straight to your phone.
- Use voice gestures to trigger apps.
You can also check out the video below to learn more about Android 2.2.
The SDK of Android 2.2 Froyo can be downloaded by following this link here.