One of the biggest buzz of this year is about to come true. Come June 2014 and you did be able to see yet another Internet giant joining the arenaread more...
Long-expected iPhone 4
On June 7 during Worldwide Developers Conference 2010 Apple presented its newest device iPhone 4. Despite the fact our web site specializes in another Apple product, we couldn’t ignore this event, so let’s watch the video first:
iPhone 4 design causes many arguments, as usually there are supporters and opponents, but the fact it is absolutely different is undisputed. Apple specialists used black aluminosilicate glass for the device, it has a band which functions also as 3G and Wi-Fi antennas, there are also Volume up/down buttons made of stainless steel. The glass is ultradurable and more scratch resistant than ever. The novelty is 34% thinner than iPhone 3GS; Apple says iPhone 4 is the world’s thinnest smartphone.
Video calling, there were so many talks, publications and arguments about it, and now iPhone 4 makes it real. Official presentation materials state, “With just a tap, you can wave hello to your kids, share a smile from across the globe, or watch your best friend laugh at your stories — iPhone 4 to iPhone 4 over Wi-Fi. And it works right out of the box. No other phone makes staying in touch this much fun,” though there are some problems and a little trouble which happened during the presentation just confirms this:
As you can see Steve Jobs failed to open NY Times page because of problems with Wi-Fi that’s why he asked everyone present to turn off Wi-Fi on their laptops.
iPhone 4 features 3.5-inch (diagonal) display with 960-by-640-pixel resolution at 326 ppi, this is the highest-resolution phone screen ever. IPS technology also provides excellent color and contrast from almost any viewing angle. The Retina display on iPhone 4 is the sharpest, most vibrant, highest-resolution phone screen ever. Apple specialists say that the pixel density is so high that the human eye is unable to distinguish individual pixels, which makes text amazingly crisp and images stunningly sharp.
Device has two cameras:
– Main 5-megapixel camera (on the back) has large lens which captures HD (720p) video up to 30 frames per second with audio, it also has advanced backside illumination sensor due to which it’s possible to make beautiful photos and shoot video even in low-light settings. This camera also has built-in LED flash which is used both for taking pictures and shooting video (lights up the scene).
– Camera on the front is perfect for making FaceTime calls and shooting self-portraits.
Official presentation material state, “Shoot your own movies in high definition. Capture impressive video even in low-light settings, thanks to the advanced backside illumination sensor and built-in LED light. Then edit and create your own mini-masterpiece right on iPhone 4 using the new iMovie app — with Apple-designed themes, titles, and transitions. It’s coming soon to the App Store for $4.99. iPhone 4 is the always-with-you HD video camera and iMovie lets you make polished movies right on iPhone 4.”
Now, let’s talk about processor – Apple A4 chip is the same as on iPad, it includes a few connected chips – Cortex-A8 CP works together with PowerVR SGX 535 which processes 960?640 HD graphics, they are directly connected with each other plus there are two low-power 128MB DDR SDRAM chips.
As all these components are placed in one, they can process information faster and consume less energy than formerly. Battery is 16% larger, due to processor and new display battery life has increased.
– Up to 7 hours on 3G
– Up to 14 hours on 2G
– Up to 6 hours on 3G
– Up to 10 hours on Wi-Fi
Standby time: Up to 300 hours
iPhone 4 has iOS 4 weaving, this is new name for iPhone OS, its main feature is long-expected multitasking.
Some pleasant features of new gadget are as follows:
– Built-in three-axis gyroscope. When paired with the accelerometer, it makes iPhone 4 capable of advanced motion sensing such as user acceleration, angular velocity, and rotation rate;
– On the top of iPhone 4 near the headphone jack there is additional microphone used to suppress unwanted and distracting background sounds;
– There is used micro-SIM card in the gadget;
– iBooks! Apple promises books will be read perfectly on new iOS4, without any discomfort with the same controls as on iPad.
That’s all for now but we are following the news