One of the biggest buzz of this year is about to come true. Come June 2014 and you did be able to see yet another Internet giant joining the arenaread more...
Articles: The Wikipedia app
Wikibrowsers necessity for iPad, especially paid versions, in view of new Safari release, is placed in question, but Articles app will put a new face on well-known Wikipedia as it allows access to facilities many people even don’t know about.
So, for a start I’ll say that this application is very beautiful, see screenshots below:
The list of facilities this application offers is as follows:
– autosuggestion in a list line;
– possibility to find articles by title or content;
– search history saving;
– link sharing by E-mail;
– possibility to manage article bookmarks in folders and separate pages;
– copy photos into Camera Roll;
– access recently viewed articles when offline;
– wonderful “Surprise me” feature (shake your iPad and there appears random article from one of the many thousands available on Wikipedia on its screen);
And now let’s talk about already mentioned secret facilities :
– you can use maps to learn more about nearby places, this is useful for tourists specially;
– possibility to open contents of some links in additions to articles due to page optimization in the program allows to find a lot of interesting things;
– double-tap and hold on the article to display Chapter index control;
– increase or decrease a font size with two your fingers.
Perhaps, that’s all. The app is available in App Store for $4.99.