One of the biggest buzz of this year is about to come true. Come June 2014 and you did be able to see yet another Internet giant joining the arenaread more...
The Best Android Quran Apps & Download Links
This is a roundup of Android Quran/Koran apps for Muslims and those trying to understand the teachings of Prophet Mohammed. While this article features English translations of Quran apps, you can rest assured that there are many more holy Quran translations including
Quran – French, and
Quran Android is an open source Quran application for Android devices. It has the following features:
- Audio recitations (tap the screen for to get the audio toolbar)
- Crystal clear Madani compliant images
- Works on Android phones without Arabic support
- Landscape mode for even larger fonts and more comfortable image viewing
- Bookmarking of an unlimited number of pages (tap the screen to find the bookmark button)
- Translations for many languages including: Arabic Tafseer, English Sahih International Translation, French, German, Bengali, Kurdish, Somali, Dutch, Swahili, Malayalam, Azerbaijani, Indonesian, Malay, Spanish, Turkish, Transliteration, Bosnian, Russian, Tamil, and Urdu
- Night mode and audio repeat (in Beta)
Quran Android Download
With this app you can read the Quran in Arabic alongside its English translation. There is even a verse-by-verse audio feature so you can hear the correct pronunciations. The app also has several translations and reciters.
Other notable features include: bookmarking and navigational controls. We think this may be the best Quran Android app in this list especially if you are looking for the holy Quran in English. This is the paid version, however, there is a
free version that has many of the features of the paid version, albeit watered down.
This is another Android app for Muslims that gives the entire Quran for free (Sahih international translation). The app integrates with the phone’s search feature, so relevant search results from the Quran will also show up in your search queries.
Other features include: Widgets, tags, sharing capability (via email, SMS, etc.), bookmarking and tags.
Holy Quran (Koran) in English
This app has the full text of the holy Quran, but more than that it has text from the three most popular translations and puts them right beside each other so the reader can compare them to get a better understanding of what the text mean. The translation are labeled “Y”, “P” and “S” to represent:
Y: = by Abdullah Yusuf Ali
P: = by Marmaduke Pickthall
S: = by Mohammad Habib Shakir
Daily Quran and Hadith Reader
Revive message of Allah and His Last Prophet (PBUH) through Daily Quran and Hadith Reader, which brings to your cell phone a set of Ayahs from the Noble Quran and sayings of the Prophet Mohammed (PBUH) daily in Arabic script with English and Urdu Translation.