One of the biggest buzz of this year is about to come true. Come June 2014 and you did be able to see yet another Internet giant joining the arenaread more...
Kobo Android eBook Reader
This Android ebook reader allows you to browse, download, read and enjoy millions of free and affordable books from your tablet or phone – everything from the hottest new releases to popular classics.
Though it doesn’t support the Kindle format, you can use the app to read any ebook in open standards such as EPUB and PDF. The Kobo Store itself has over 2.2 million new releases and popular best sellers as well as over 1.8 million free books.
A great feature of the app is the ability to preview thousands of books/try before you buy, which means you can read the first chapter to get some idea as to whether or not you will like it.
Top reasons to try Kobo:
Makes Reading Run and Social with Reading Life™
- Track your reading habits with interesting stats
- Earn fun and surprising awards for reading
Share your Quotes, Notes & Awards
- Share your favorite passages and thoughts on a book with your friends
- Recommend a book from your library to a friend
- Like and comment on books your friends have shared on Facebook
Add to your Library from e-Mail, the Web & Dropbox
- Add books to you library from email, the web and your Dropbox account once they are unlicensed, DRM-free books
Customize your Reading Experience
- Choose the size and text style you prefer
- Highlight your favorite passages and add notes to your books
- Adjust the screen brightness manually or try Night Mode for easier nighttime reading
- Read and lock the screen in portrait or landscape mode
- Change pages using your volume key
- Lets you keep track of your books and bookmarks even if you use Kobo on multiple devices (phone, tablet, computer etc) – all the apps must be using the same Kobo account though.