One of the biggest buzz of this year is about to come true. Come June 2014 and you did be able to see yet another Internet giant joining the arenaread more...
Best Android Sports Apps
Be the first to know everything about your favorite baseball, football, F1, NASCAR, hockey and basketball teams – all from the convenience of your mobile device.
This is a roundup of the best Android sport apps.
Sports Illustrated – Phone
The Sports Illustrated mobile edition gives you everything you’ve come to expect from the magazine plus the best of mobile.SI.com.
The Sports Illustrated app gives you the ability to subscribe to Sports Illustrated magazine or to subscribe to the digital edition.
Some of its best features include:
- Live scores and news feeds
- Twice as many photos in exclusive galleries
- Feature stories enriched with slideshows and video
- Original video essays, interviews and commentary
- Classic pieces by SI’s great writers
- Read and store as many digital issues as you’d like with the app
CSN Local Sports (official)
Get the best local sports coverage from Comcast SportsNet wherever you are! Stay up-to-date on your favorite local teams with breaking news, instant analysis, scores, stats, schedules, exclusive articles and columns from CSN Insiders and more.
Covering: Bay Area sports (including San Francisco, Bay Area, San Jose. Oakland) as well as sports from Chicago, New England (including Boston), Philly and Washington, DC.
- Breaking news on all of your local teams
- Scores, schedules, stats, standings, transactions, injury reports and depth charts
- Scores & Schedules widget and a News widget
- Personalize the home page with your favorite local teams
- Add upcoming games directly to your device calendar
- Customize the “Social” page with the CSN Twitter and Facebook feeds you want to see
SportCaster (Sports, Scores)
While sports apps do a good job at delivering scores, stats, and schedules. SportCaster delivers play-by-play coverage of all major sports, including: NFL and NCAA football, NBA and NCAA basketball, NHL hockey, MLB baseball, all major soccer leagues, plus NASCAR and F1 auto racing.
The real-time stats and play-by-play commentary that SportCaster provides make it a good companion for watching the game in that you can pull up information that you wont have access to from your TV.
In addition to the real time scores and commentary, SportCaster is organized into 4 very useful areas:
- Fantasy – enter your fantasy roster and see player updates from the top fantasy gurus
- News – select your favorite team and see a live feed of commentary from players themselves, writers, analysts and bloggers
- Standings – Standings for every league, including polls for college sports
- Teams – Team schedules and stats are super easy to find and viewable at a glance
BBC UK & World Sport News
This is an unofficial BBC sport newsreader, but it is one of the best-rated sports apps for UK fans. This Android sports app gets you the latest BBC sport news include:
Sport headlines, football news, including: football results, fixtures and tables.
In addition to helping you track what your favorite team or league is up to, you can track:
- League One
- League Two
- Non League
- FA Cup
- League Cup
- Scottish PL
- Scottish League
- Scottish Cups
- Europe Football
- UEFA Cup
- Primeria Division
- Ligue 1
- Serie A
Endomondo Sports Tracker
If you are not just a sports watcher but are inclined to go out and be active as well Sports Tracker can serve you as a free personal trainer and social fitness partner. Endomondo makes fitness fun and is ideal for those who like running, cycling, walking etc.
Some of this sports apps best features include:
- Real time GPS tracking of time, distance, speed and calories burnt
- Audio feedback for every mile or km
- Sharing of workouts on Facebook and get peptalks from friends who are following you in realtime. You can even compare your route with others and challenge your friends to beat your best times for a given route
- Workout route on a map
- Social widget showing your friends recently active
- History with lap times & music playlist
- Summary page for each workout
- Heart rate monitor support: Polar Wearlink® + transmitter with Bluetooth® and Zephyr heart rate monitor
- Support for ANT+ Bike Speed & Cadence and heart rate monitor sensors
- Headset control: Use the headset media button to get audio feedback and pause/resume a workout (wired headset & Android 2.2+)
- Customizable workout screen (long press to change)
- Optional profile at Endomondo.com for further analysis, statistics, social challenges and sharing
Similar to Endomondo you can use this sports app to turn your smart phone into a social sports computer. With the Sports Tracker you can track and analyze your performance, share workout data and photos with your friends, and most of all – get fit and stay healthy.
Sports Tracker for Android comes with new powerful social features in addition to the award winning tracking capabilities, making it a feature-packed and professional sports tracker app for Android OS:
- Track and analyze your performances, monitor your progress
- Store all training data in your personal workout diary
- Keep track of everything from calories burned to average training speed and altitude
- Use map, time and distance calculators
- Share workout data and photos with other trackers on Sports Tracker, Facebook and Twitter
- See your friends’ profiles and comment on their workouts and photos
- Explore the globe to discover new routes, trails and adventures worldwide