One of the biggest buzz of this year is about to come true. Come June 2014 and you did be able to see yet another Internet giant joining the arenaread more...
Android IP Camera Viewers
The following apps enable you to monitor or occasionally view video streams from any IP camera to which you have access from your Android phones, tablet or Google TV. We will also introduce you to an app that can also make your Android into a makeshift wireless surveillance camera.
These apps are great for monitoring your baby, pet, home, business, traffic, and weather remotely and securely
tinyCam Monitor PRO
This is a top-rated remote surveillance Android app that allows you to control private and public IP cameras, video encoders and DVRs. tinyCam Monitor Pro allows you to view surveillance cameras that are setup at your home or business place from wherever you are, once you have an Internet connection and access rights to the cameras
Among tinyCam’s features are:
- Multiple display layouts and unlimited camera support
- On camera motion detection that can automatic take snapshots or make a sound when motion is detected (only on supported camera models)
- Support for M-JPEG based devices from major vendors such as Axis, FOSCAM, D-Link, Edimax, Panasonic, Pixord, TRENDnet, Mobotix, Vivotek
- One click camera sharing by email
- Import/export settings to SD or Dropbox service
- Control Pan/Tilt/Zoom (PTZ) enabled devices
- Digital zoom
- Cyclic video recording to SD/FTP/Dropbox
- Audio support (selective models)
- LAN search
- SSL support (https protocol)
IP Cam Viewer Pro
In addition to being able to remotely view and control your IP cameras, DVR, Network Video Recorder, CCTV or WebCam this Android app has 2-way audio support.
You can also use the app to record video from IP cameras just in case you want to store some activity a camera is capturing. Some other features that are supported include:
- SSL encryption for privacy
- Password protection
- RTSP, H.264, MPEG4 and more video formats
- Two way audio
- Pan, tilt and zoom (PTZ)
- Preset recall
- Relay to control things like lights and garage doors
- Custom controls like patrol (varies with various models)
- Home screen widgets
- Matrix view, gallery view, and auto sequence mode
- Grouping of cameras to organize and for quick recall.
- Export / Import and sharing of cameras
- Built-in traffic camera database
- Browser integration
- 24/7 recording of cameras
- Scan camera capability
- Auto sequencing of cameras and groups
While the other Android IP camera apps allow you to connect to and view video feeds from multiple IP cameras, “IP Webcam” allow you to use your Android as a surveillance camera. Basically this IP camera app serves as an Android video streaming server to which you can connect from another Android device, web browser or Skype. This means you can use “IP Webcam” as an impromptu webcam, baby monitor or security camera.