One of the biggest buzz of this year is about to come true. Come June 2014 and you did be able to see yet another Internet giant joining the arenaread more...
PwnageTool 4.0 has been Released to Jailbreak iPhone 3GS on iOS 4 [Official]
The iPhone Dev Team has just released PwangeTool 4.0 To Jailbreak iOS 4 for iPhone 3GS but with Old BootRoom, This Jailbreak don’t support iPhone 2G, iPhone 3G and iPod Touch 2G. You can Now Easily Jailbreak your iOS 4, iPhone 3GS on Old BootRoom using PwangeTool 4.0 Then Unlock it using Ultrasn0w 0.93 which was released yesterday by Dev Team.
Here’s the post in the iPhone Dev Team Blog:
NB: With PwnageTool 4.0 certain devices are not supported this is because they are not supported in iOS 4.0 or they are not supported by our software.Google Ads:
* iPhone 2G – not supported
* iPod Touch – not supported
* iPod Touch 3G – not supported
* If you have a Jailbroken iPhone 3G at 3.1.2 (but not jailbroken with Spirit) then you should create the ipsw with PwnageTool 4.0 and restore from recovery mode or DFU mode.
* If you have an out of the box iPhone 3G you should restore using a PwnageTool 4.0 ipsw using DFU mode.
* If you have a Jailbroken 3.1.3 iPhone 3G it is very possible that this can fail from recovery mode, if this failure happens you will need to restore using DFU mode.
IMPORTANT! Whenever you need to enter DFU mode, you will need to do so using PwnageTool.
Summary: PwnageTool only works on previously jailbroken 3GS devices with the old bootrom.
* If you have a Jailbroken iPhone 3GS with the OLD BOOTROM and you DID NOT use Spirit to jailbreak then you can create the ipsw with PwnageTool 4.0 and restore with recovery mode.
* If you have an iPhone 3GS with the NEW BOOTROM this is NOT supported by PwnageTool 4.0
iPod touch 2G
* If you have an iPod touch 2G that is jailbroken (but not with Spirit) then you can restore using recovery mode.
* iPhone 3G and 3GS baseband unlockers (those who rely on ultrasn0w to make phone calls) should always be very wary to update their firmware, however our Ultrasn0w application will unlock all recent (including the current) 3GS and 3G baseband firmware versions, once you are jailbroken using PwnageTool 4.0, install ultrasn0w from Cydia and you’ll be unlocked.
* Remember! This baseband unlock situation is rare, should you upgrade your iPhone blindly at the next iOS release please don’t expect an unlock – but for now you are OK (whatever state your baseband is in).
Please feel free to ask any questions in the comment section below. We’ve got a bunch of expert help there, including our friendly moderators confucious and angie!
Today, I posted the full guide to Jailbreak iOS 4 on iPhone 3GS using PwangeTool 4.0 but was UnOfficial, Now the Official Release has Came! I will post the guide soon with the new jailbreak tool, but in meantime you can follow the Step by Step Guide posted here that was posted today to Jailbreak your iPhone 3GS on iOS 4.
Note: After Jailbreaking your Device by the guide posted here, You will be able to Unlock your iPhone 3GS on any Baseband using Ultrasn0w, Full Guide posted here.
Download PwnageTool 4.0 to Jailbreak iPhone 3GS on iOS 4 [Torrent]
Download PwnageTool 4.0 to Jailbreak iPhone 3GS on iOS 4 [RapidShare]
Also Keep updated for any updates and any Changes via Twitter.