One of the biggest buzz of this year is about to come true. Come June 2014 and you did be able to see yet another Internet giant joining the arenaread more...
Install Game Center on iPhone 3G running iOS 4.1 [Jailbreak Required]
Apple has completely denied the support of Game Center on iPhone 3G. But, we already told you that Game Center is coming to iPhone 3G running iOS 4.1 through jailbreak and by the release of Redsn0w 0.9.6b1 yesterday, iPhone 3G can be jailbroken on iOS 4.1. From now, you can install Game Center on jailbroken iPhone 3G running iOS 4.1 by following the step by step guide below.
Steps to Install Game Center on iPhone 3G running iOS 4.1:
Step 1: You must have a jailbroken iPhone 3G. Follow our guide posted here to jailbreak iPhone 3G on iOS 4.1 with Redsn0w 0.9.6b1.
Step 2: Download and Extract GameCenter app and save it on your desktop (Mirror1 – Mirror2)
Step 3: Make sure you have Open SHSH on your device:
- Open Cydia. Touch on “Search” tab and then search for “OpenSSH”
- Install OpenSHSH and give your iPhone a reboot
Step 4: Connect your iPhone with your computer and make sure iTunes is not running.
Step 5: Download and install Cyberduck for Mac or WinSCP for Windows, and enter the following details to log in to your iPhone:
- Server: The IP address of your iPhone. Settings –> WiFi –> “Your Network Name”
- Username: root
- Password: alpine
- Protocol: SFTP (SSH File Transfer Protocol)
- Hostname: The IP address of your iPhone. Setting –> WiFi –> “Your Network Name”
- User name: root
- Password: alpine
- Protocol: SCP
Step 6: Navigate to /private/var/stash/Applications directory then drag & drop the GameCenter.app folder you already downloaded in Step 1.
Step 7: Now right click on GameCenter.app folder and hit Info then set the permission to 755.
Step 8: Navigate to /system/libary/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/ directory and take a backup of N82AP.plist file (just save a copy on your desktop)
Step 9: Choose on of the following functions (through folders) you want to activate. It’s recommended to choose Game Center only:
- Folder GameCenter – Only activates Game Center
- Folder Multitasking e GameCenter – Activates Game Ceter with Multitasking
- Folder Sfondi e GameCenter – Activates Background with GameCenter
- Folder sfondi, Multitasking e GameCenter – This option Enables Multitasking, Background, GameCenter.
Step 10: Once you have made your choice, open the folder you chose then drag & drop the chosen N82AP.plist file and replace it with the existing one.
Step 11: Navigate to System/Libary/LaunchDeamons/ directory then drag & drop com.apple.gamed.plist into the directory
Step 12: Navigate to usr/libexec/ directory then drag & drop gamed file into the directory and set the permission to 755 as shown in the screenshot:
Step 13: Finally, you have to reboot your device.
Congratulations, you have successfully installed and enabled Game Center on iPhone 3G, iOS 4.1. We would like to hear any questions by asking in the comment section below. [via iPhoneItalia, Images via MachackPC]
You may also like:
- SHAtter Exploit Developer “Pod2G” Leaves Chronic Dev Team
- VLC Media Player for iPad Hits the App Store
- FoldersInFolders: New Cydia Tweak to Create Folders Inside Others