One of the biggest buzz of this year is about to come true. Come June 2014 and you did be able to see yet another Internet giant joining the arenaread more...
Enable Wireless Tethering on iOS 4 using MyWi 4.0 [How to Guide]
MyWi 4.0 has been released a couple of days before to bring support for iOS 4, MyWi is a Cydia App which enables you to Wireless Tethering your iPhone, which means that you can use your iPhone as a wireless modem and connect computer with it via USB cable or Bluetooth.
Here’s the full change log of new MyWi 4.0 Cydia App:
MyWi 4 New Features and Improvements:
– Faster performance
– Lower battery consumption
– Choose the In Use Indicator that you want:
– Status bar icon (no battery use)
– Blue pulsing bar (10% – 15% more battery)
– Adjust the WiFi transmit power (Between 30% and 100%)
– Battery consumption meter
– USB Bridge mode. (Connect your laptop over USB to the phones 3G or WiFi connection!),Finally make use of all that free WiFi you iPhone/iPad gets!
– Create WiFi Hotspot to connect multiple laptops or mobile devices to share your iPhone”s internet connection
– 40 bit and 104 bit WEP Security to prevent others from accessing your WiFi HotSpot
– Ability to enable USB Tethering on your iPhone
– Broadcasts the Network Name (SSID) – no need to fuss with creating an adhoc network on your laptop
– Shows up and down bandwidth usage
To Install this App on your iPhone you should have your device jailbroken, you can use Sn0wbreeze V1.6.2 to Jailbreak iOS 4 of iPhone 3GS [Old bootrom] and iPhone 3G for Windows users posted here, and use PwnageTool 4.0.1 for Mac users guide posted here.
After Jailbreaking your device, Just enter “Cydia” and search for “MyWi 4.0” app then install it. MyWi 4.0 comes with default package including “RockApp” and “IntelliStatusBarIcons”.
Once you installed MyWi 4.0 on your Device, just launch it and turn on the option for WiFi or USB/Bluetooth tethering.
MyWi is avaliable only for 10-Days Trail for free, for Who want it for ever you can buy it from Cydia for 19.99$ and for old MyWi users can upgrade to MyWi 4.0 for 9.99$ only. [via RedmondPie]